INTERNATIONAL EXAMS OFFICER TRAINING
In association with
The Exams Office (in conjunction with Pearson/Edexcel) stage an annual training session for International exams officers. In November 2020, this session will be held in Dubai. We are currently in negotiation with a venue and will confirm this in January.
INTERNATIONAL EXAMS OFFICER TRAINING 2020
The Exams Office will be hosting exams training for overseas centres on 8 November 2020…with access to free invigilator training for all delegates – and invigilators from Dubai-based attendees/centres – taking place on 9 November. See below for further details.
Dates: 8 & 9 November
Day 1 – Exams officer training
Day 2 – Invigilator training (Time TBC – either 9.30am – 12.30pm or 1.30pm – 4.30pm)
Venue: Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences, Building 14, Dubai Healthcare City
P.O Box 505055, Dubai UAE
Cost: £495 per delegate – additional delegates are charged at £200 per delegate
- Access to The Exams Office website to 30 July 2021 (from the point of payment of invoice)
- Attendance for up to 8 invigilators/exams office staff (this number may be increased depending on capacity) at the half-day invigilator training session taking place at MBRU on 9 November
All delegates will receive a free copy of the 2020/2021 JCQ Instructions for conducting examinations booklet
Morning – 9.30am to 12.30am (registration from 8.45am)
Understanding Pearson and AQA exam changes for the 2020/2021 academic year
A comprehensive review of the exam changes relating to AQA and Pearson qualifications for the new academic year. Our team of exams experts will help delegates interpret the changes and the impact upon their centre.
Delegates will also have an opportunity to discuss the changes with fellow delegates and consider how to implement these within their centre.
Key changes in the following publications will be addressed:
- General Regulations for Approved Centres
- Instructions for conducting examinations
- Access arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments (areas relevant to exams officers)
The Exams Office support for exams officers
A guide to the latest information and resources available on The Exams Office website.
There will be a demonstration of The Exams Office’s Online Portal which contains the Exams Policy Generator and Training and Assessment modules. including online tools/modules in relation to key tasks to be undertaken during the academic year.
Delegates will also be shown the newly launched Exams officer qualification/endorsement.
Understanding Cambridge Assessment International Education exam changes for the 2020/2021 academic year
A brief guide to the key regulation changes relating to Cambridge Assessment International Education (previously Cambridge International Examinations) examinations.
Morning – 9.30am to 1.30pm (registration from 8.30am)
A training session for those invigilating or training invigilators for Pearson and AQA examinations during the 2020/2021 academic year.
Each centre can send up to 8 delegates (numbers may be increased based upon capacity).
The following areas will be covered:
- The qualities required to invigilate
- The role of an invigilator
- Preparing for the examination
- At the beginning of the examination
- During the examination
- Dealing with irregularities
- At the end of, and after, the examination
- Instructions for conducting on-screen tests
- Exam regulation changes for 2020/2021
- Access arrangements (for invigilators supervising candidates and facilitators supporting candidates)