INTERNATIONAL EXAMS OFFICER TRAINING
In association with
The Exams Office (in conjunction with Pearson/Edexcel) stage an annual training session for International exams officers held in Dubai at the Mohammed Bin Rashid University Of Medicine and Health Sciences located in Healthcare City.
INTERNATIONAL EXAMS OFFICER TRAINING 2022
The Exams Office will be hosting exams training for overseas centres during November 2022. Further details will be available during spring 2022, please see below for the content covered during the 2021 training event.
Venue: Mohammed Bin Rashid University Of Medicine and Health Sciences, Healthcare City
The delegate rate includes:
- Access to The Exams Office website to 30 July 2023 (from the point of payment of invoice)
- A copy of the Instructions for conducting examinations publication
2021 training content
This training event was designed to supported exams officers who are new to the exams officer role and experienced exams officers who wanted a ‘refresher’ course, or a guide to the key exams-related tasks which must be undertaken from November to February.
The areas covered included:
- Key deadlines
- Exam policies
- Storing confidential exam materials
- Centre inspections
- Contingency planning
- Briefing candidates and staff
- The role of the Senior Leadership Team/Head of centre
- Access arrangements – the role of an exams officer
- Managing the exam entries process
- Managing your invigilation team
- Preparing candidates for exam days
Understanding AQA and Pearson exam changes for the 2021/2022 academic year
A comprehensive review of the exam changes relating to AQA, Pearson and Cambridge qualifications for the new academic year. Our team of exams experts supported delegates in interpreting the changes and the impact within their centre.
Delegates also had an opportunity to discuss the changes with fellow delegates and consider how to implement these within their centre.
Key changes in the following publications were addressed:
- General Regulations for Approved Centres
- Instructions for conducting examinations
- Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments (areas relevant to exams officers)
- Suspected Malpractice Policies and Procedures
- A guide to the special consideration process
- Instructions for conducting non-examination assessments
- Information for candidates – written exams, non-examination assessments, coursework, on-screen tests, Privacy Notice and Social Media
Stakeholder update for the 2021/2022 academic year
An update was provided from key stakeholders (DfE, Ofqual and the awarding bodies) relating to examinations taking place during the 2021/2022 academic year.
Understanding Cambridge Assessment International Education exam changes for the 2020/2021 academic year
A guide to the key regulation changes relating to Cambridge Assessment International Education (previously Cambridge International Examinations) examinations.
The Exams Office support for exams officers
A guide to the latest information and resources available on The Exams Office website.